Welcome to Adventure Hotels of Costa Rica
Adventure Hotels of Costa Rica is a non-profit association of over 80 small eco-friendly, owner-operated, value-priced hotels strategically located throughout Costa Rica. Learn more...
Lodge Vista del Mar
Nosara, Guancaste Enjoy ocean views from all balconies of rooms, apartments,or house rentals. (Beaches Guiones and Pelada) Observe birds and wild life from our hill top forested location. Relax, sun and swim. 25 yard lap pool. On site massage. Short drive to surfing, beach fun, zip Lines, yoga, fishing, horse riding, turtle nesting, stores, shops, restaurants and night life.
Monteverde Family ambiance near central Santa Elena, Monteverde with its points of interest, home-base to take several exciting tours to the hanging bridges, canopy zip-lines, cloud forest hikes, ranarium, insectarium, serpentarium, SKY TREK, breakfast included, built of wood on two levels, private bathrooms with hot water, a cozy living room, ping pong and a balcony with panoramic views over the Gulf of Nicoya.
The Villa Hermosa, Private Guesthouse
La Fortuna/Arenal Beautiful private guesthouse in the countryside of La Fortuna. Master suite, bath, living room, dining room, kitchen, BBQ, pool, patio, gardens, volcano view, pool table, darts & more.
Arenal Volcano Inn
La Fortuna de Arenal The Arenal Volcano Inn, at the base of active Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica is a new hotel with modern rooms and all the amenities, A/C, small kitchen, two swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, and straight ahead views of eruptive Arenal Volcano, near two hot springs, caves, rafting, wildlife.
La Quinta de Sarapiquí Country Inn
Sarapiquí La Quinta de Sarapiquí Country Inn has 31 comfortable rooms, butterfly farm, frog garden, a wildlife museum, a hundred varieties of birds, horseback riding, swimming pool, trails, boat rides, central to the Caribbean and Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica, tropical wet climate, excellent Tico family operated.
Grandpas´ Bed and Breakfast
Carretera al Volcán Irazú, Cartago The best quality hotel in Cartago. We offer 4 standard rooms, 4 rustic cabins and 1 junior suite around a beautiful garden that will take your breath away. Delicious & full breakfast, hot water, restaurant, cable tv, parking lot, WiFi, credit cards, laundry, tourist information, phone in your room, reading areas, smoking areas, wonderful view. Check us out because we are the best...
San Jose / Airport Easy fly-in, fly-out, free airport taxi, 34 modern clean value-priced rooms, A/C, cable TV, WiFi, full breakfast included, Mayan Indian theme throughout, safe neighborhood, rest.& bar overlooking a large new solar-heated pool & Jacuzzi hot tub, 4 guest computers, 10 piece gym, easy access to San Jose's Central Market, shopping, museums and nightlife, rated # 2 of 76 San Jose hotels on TripAdvisor
Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast
San Jose - Santa Ana We offer a fabulous hot breakfast,WIFI, complimentary airport pick-up, custom furniture & local artwork. Room have AC, cable TV, honor bar with beverages and snacks, alarm clocks, hair dryers, bathrobes and fresh cut flowers. A pool highlights the deck overlooking the canyon with its river, tropical flowers,plants, exotic birds and butterflies. Rated #10 Worldwide-Travelers Reviews.
Tarcoles Many, many birds, 8 bungalows with private bathroom, restaurant, pool, transportation available, private birding trail, horseback riding, green farm, personal attention, internet, breakfast included....strongly recommended for birdwatchers and nature lovers, $70 taxes / night / double occupation
Manuel Antonio A blend of tropical simplicity and familiar amenities culminate to let you comfortably relax in privacy. Enjoy a variety of accommodations, a spacious studio, two bedroom getaways, or an 1800 sq.ft 3 bedroom home. Pool with sun deck, lounge chairs, table, and gas grill. Each villa is fully furnished with your own kitchen, cable TV, AC, WiFi, and personal safe. Outstanding guest reviews.
Castillo de Pavones
Playa Pavones 8-level luxury ocean view castle hotel overlooks 360 view of Pavones, directly in front of famous surf point break, luxurious, surprisingly affordable suites, 2 person jacuzzis, A/C, SKY TV, WiFi, private balconies, 3-level restaurant with lookout tower, fantastic wildlife, private walkway, path and easy stairs lead to a volcanic spring fed river with tropical swimming coves, grand buffet breakfast and drinks made to order for all guests, living area, dining area, refrigerator, coffee maker & unlimited Costa Rican Coffee
La Isla Inn
Playa Cocles, Puerto Viejo, Limón La Isla Inn is in front of beautiful Playa Cocles on the south Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, spacious hand-carved wooden rooms, delicate furnishings, air-conditioning, safe, WiFi, TV, exotic plants and animals abound, swim, snorkel, surf, rainforest tours, hearty complimentary breakfast, delicious lunch, great staff team.
Coral Hill Bungalows
Cahuita Coral Hill Bungalows, in Cahuita, on the Caribbean of Costa Rica is set in beautiful gardens and trees steps to the beaches, the friendly village and Cahuita National Park. Romantic hardwood bungalows with soft mosquito netting, owner/chef-made gourmet breakfast, rainwater showers, fruit trees and jungle animals, swim, snorkel, horseback ride, or relax in a hammock.
Casa Marbella Bed and Breakfast
Tortuguero Clean, comfortable, value-priced Casa Marbella B&B in Tortuguero Village is ideal for independent travelers wanting an authentic cultural experience, quietly cruise the canals watching and listening for monkeys, sloths, colorful birds, cayman, crocodiles, even manatees, check out the Turtle Research Station, and enjoy locally grown cuisine.
- Blue River Resort, Hot Springs and Spa - Rincon de la Vieja
- Rancho Armadillo Estate - Playas del Coco
- Casa de Serenidad - Playa Flamingo
- Conchal Hotel - Playa Brasilito
- RipJack Inn - Playa Grande
- Panacea de la Montaña - Tamarindo
- Hotelito Si Si Si - Playa Junquillal
- Hotel Luna Azul - Ostional
- Lodge Vista del Mar - Nosara, Guancaste
- Casa Tucan/Safari Surf School - Playa Guiones, Nosara
- Hotel Entre Dos Aguas - Samara
- The Flying Scorpion - Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul - Playa San Miguel
- Blue Surf Sanctuary - Santa Teresa
- Surf Vista Villas - Santa Teresa
- Hotel Casa Cecilia - Playa Santa Teresa
- Ylang Ylang Beach Resort - Montezuma / Nicoya Peninsula
- Naturelodge Finca los Caballos - Montezuma
- Fidelito Holiday Ranch - Playa Tambor
- Michael's Surfside Hotel - Puntarenas, Puntarenas
- Adventure Park & Hotel Vista Golfo - Puntarenas- Miramar
- Los Pinos - Cabañas & Jardines - Monteverde
- Hotel Bellbird - Monteverde
- EL Viandante - Monteverde
- Nepenthe B&B - El Castillo, La Fortuna
- Hotel Castillo del Arenal - El Castillo de La Fortuna
- Villa Decary - Nuevo Arenal
- The Red Sunset of Guanacaste - Lake Arenal, Volcano Arenal area
- Tenorio Lodge - Bijagua - Rio Celeste
- Leaves & Lizards Arenal Volcano Retreat - Monterrey - La Fortuna Area
- The Villa Hermosa, Private Guesthouse - La Fortuna/Arenal
- Arenal Volcano Inn - La Fortuna de Arenal
- La Quinta de Sarapiquí Country Inn - Sarapiquí
- Heliconia Island - Las Horquetas de Sarapiqui
- Orosi Lodge - Orosi Valley
- Ambrosia en la Montaña, Bed & Breakfast - Orosi, Cartago
- Grandpas´ Bed and Breakfast - Carretera al Volcán Irazú, Cartago
- Sportsmens Lodge - San Jose
- Hotel Rincon de San Jose - San Jose
- Boutique Hotel Out Of Bounds - Escazu, San Jose
- Adventure Inn - San Jose / Airport
- Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast - San Jose - Santa Ana
- Amatierra Retreat & Wellness Center - San Pablo de Turrabares
- Cerro Lodge - Tarcoles
- Blue Palm Hotel - Jaco
- Hotel Poseidon - Jaco
- La Dolce Vita - Esterillos Oeste
- Condotel Las Cascadas - Quepos/Manuel Antonio
- Verde Mar - Manuel Antonio
- Hotel La Colina - Manuel Antonio
- Natural Pacific Suites - Manuel Antonio
- Jungle Creek - Manuel Antonio
- Rafiki Safari Lodge - Rio Savegre
- La Palapa Ecolodge Resort - Portalón
- El Toucanet Lodge - Copey de Dota
- Hotel De Montaña El Pelicano - San Gerardo de Rivas Perez Zeledon
- Rio Magnolia Nature Lodge - Dominical
- Villas Escondrijo - Dominical
- Villas Alturas - Dominical
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge - Uvita/Ballena
- B & J Cabins - Uvita
- Mar y Selva Ecolodge - Uvita/Ballena
- Villas De Oros - Playa tortuga
- El Castillo/Alma de Ojochal - Ojochal
- Hotel El Mono Feliz - Ojochal
- Sabalo Lodge - Osa Peninsula
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp - Drake Bay, Osa Peninsula
- Finca Exotica Eco Lodge - Playa Carate
- Lookout Inn Lodge - Carate, Osa Peninsula
- Castillo de Pavones - Playa Pavones
- Saladero Lodge - Golfo Dulce near Golfito or Pto Jimenez
- Finca Bellavista - La Florida de Piedras Blancas
- El Arbol - Gandoca Manzanillo wildlife refuge
- Korrigan Lodge - Puerto Viejo, Punta Uva
- Samasati Nature Retreat - South Caribbean, Puerto Viejo
- Mother Dear Cottages - Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- La Isla Inn - Playa Cocles, Puerto Viejo, Limón
- Geckoes Lodge - Cocles, Puerto Viejo
- Escape Caribeño Bungalows - Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Hotel - Puerto Viejo
- Tierra de Sueños - Playa Chiquita de Talamanca
- Bungalows Aché - Cahuita
- Coral Hill Bungalows - Cahuita
- Hotel Magellan Inn - Cahuita
- 10 Degrees Above - San Miguel de Matina, Limon
- Casa Marbella Bed and Breakfast - Tortuguero
- Turtle Beach Lodge - Tortuguero
Why stay at an Adventure Hotels of Costa Rica (AHCR) member hotel?
- You can trust each member hotel has been pre-screened for quality.
- You can find an AHCR member hotel virtually anywhere you want to stay in Costa Rica.
- Choose from a variety of hotel types: sun, sand, surf and snorkel hotels; cool mountain inns with panoramic views; extreme adventure lodges; deep
nature retreats; small friendly B&B's; historic city hotels; yoga and wellness spas; sport fishing resorts; even a first and last night airport hotel.
- Each hotel is owner-operated, reflecting its' own unique eco-friendly Costa Rican personality (no universally-standardized chain hotels allowed).
- If, through AHCR, you discover that special little hotel you want to stay at, ask for your 10% discount at time of booking.
- Communicate directly with the hotel to customize your Costa Rica vacation