Welcome to Adventure Hotels of Costa Rica
Adventure Hotels of Costa Rica is a non-profit association of over 80 small eco-friendly, owner-operated, value-priced hotels strategically located throughout Costa Rica. Learn more...
Monteverde Family ambiance near central Santa Elena, Monteverde with its points of interest, home-base to take several exciting tours to the hanging bridges, canopy zip-lines, cloud forest hikes, ranarium, insectarium, serpentarium, SKY TREK, breakfast included, built of wood on two levels, private bathrooms with hot water, a cozy living room, ping pong and a balcony with panoramic views over the Gulf of Nicoya.
Arenal Volcano Inn
La Fortuna de Arenal The Arenal Volcano Inn, at the base of active Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica is a new hotel with modern rooms and all the amenities, A/C, small kitchen, two swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, and straight ahead views of eruptive Arenal Volcano, near two hot springs, caves, rafting, wildlife.
The Villa Hermosa, Private Guesthouse
La Fortuna/Arenal Beautiful private guesthouse in the countryside of La Fortuna. Master suite, bath, living room, dining room, kitchen, BBQ, pool, patio, gardens, volcano view, pool table, darts & more.
San Jose / Airport Easy fly-in, fly-out, free airport taxi, 34 modern clean value-priced rooms, A/C, cable TV, WiFi, full breakfast included, Mayan Indian theme throughout, safe neighborhood, rest. & bar overlooking a large new solar-heated pool & Jacuzzi hot tub, 4 guest computers, 10 piece gym, easy access to San Jose's Central Market, shopping, museums and nightlife, rated #2 of 86 San Jose hotels on TripAdvisor and #14 in all of Costa Rica.
Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast
San Jose - Santa Ana We offer a fabulous hot breakfast,WIFI, complimentary airport pick-up, custom furniture & local artwork. Room have AC, cable TV, honor bar with beverages and snacks, alarm clocks, hair dryers, bathrobes and fresh cut flowers. A pool highlights the deck overlooking the canyon with its river, tropical flowers,plants, exotic birds and butterflies. Rated #10 Worldwide-Travelers Reviews.
Tarcoles Many, many birds, 8 bungalows with private bathroom, restaurant, pool, transportation available, private birding trail, horseback riding, green farm, personal attention, internet, breakfast included....strongly recommended for birdwatchers and nature lovers, $70 taxes / night / double occupation
Manuel Antonio A blend of tropical simplicity and familiar amenities culminate to let you comfortably relax in privacy. Enjoy a variety of accommodations, a spacious studio, two bedroom getaways, or an 1800 sq.ft 3 bedroom home. Pool with sun deck, lounge chairs, table, and gas grill. Each villa is fully furnished with your own kitchen, cable TV, AC, WiFi, and personal safe. Outstanding guest reviews.
Guaria de Osa Ecolodge
Drake Bay / Osa Peninsula While offering adventure exploration, Guaria de Osa | Orchid of the Osa is a venue for groups, workshops, retreats, families, and independent travelers, where, at the same time joining us in the fun, your fees support ground-level rainforest and marine turtle conservation projects.
Guaria de Osa is situated in South Pacific Costa Rica, just south of Drake Bay, adjacent to Corcovado National Park. We are located on the westernmost cove of the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica!
Castillo de Pavones
Playa Pavones 8-level luxury ocean view castle hotel overlooks 360 view of Pavones, directly in front of famous surf point break, luxurious, surprisingly affordable suites, 2 person jacuzzis, A/C, SKY TV, WiFi, private balconies, 3-level restaurant with lookout tower, fantastic wildlife, private walkway, path and easy stairs lead to a volcanic spring fed river with tropical swimming coves, grand buffet breakfast and drinks made to order for all guests, living area, dining area, refrigerator, coffee maker & unlimited Costa Rican Coffee
Golfo Dulce Lodge
Piedras Blancas National Park Golfo Dulce Lodge is a remote eco-lodge surrounded by the primary rainforest of the Piedras Blancas National Park, overlooking Corcovado, near Golfito, south Pacific Costa Rica, access by boat, comfortable bungalows and rooms, solar-heated water, hydro-electricity, 750 private acres, 340 bird species, rated Four Green Leaves, European/Tico cuisine, hiking trails, dolphins, swimming, snorkeling.
La Isla Inn
Playa Cocles, Puerto Viejo, Limón La Isla Inn is in front of beautiful Playa Cocles on the south Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, spacious hand-carved wooden rooms, delicate furnishings, air-conditioning, safe, WiFi, TV, exotic plants and animals abound, swim, snorkel, surf, rainforest tours, hearty complimentary breakfast, delicious lunch, great staff team.
Coral Hill Bungalows
Cahuita Coral Hill Bungalows, in Cahuita, on the Caribbean of Costa Rica is set in beautiful gardens and trees steps to the beaches, the friendly village and Cahuita National Park. Romantic hardwood bungalows with soft mosquito netting, owner/chef-made gourmet breakfast, rainwater showers, fruit trees and jungle animals, swim, snorkel, horseback ride, or relax in a hammock.
Casa Marbella Bed and Breakfast
Tortuguero Clean, comfortable, value-priced Casa Marbella B&B in Tortuguero Village is ideal for independent travelers wanting an authentic cultural experience, quietly cruise the canals watching and listening for monkeys, sloths, colorful birds, cayman, crocodiles, even manatees, check out the Turtle Research Station, and enjoy locally grown cuisine.
- Blue River Resort, Hot Springs and Spa - Rincon de la Vieja, Guanacaste
- Santa Elena Lodge - Santa Elena Peninsula
- Rancho Armadillo Estate - Playas del Coco
- Casa de Serenidad - Playa Flamingo
- Conchal Hotel - Playa Brasilito
- RipJack Inn - Playa Grande
- Panacea de la Montaña - Tamarindo
- Hotelito Si Si Si - Playa Junquillal
- Hotel Luna Azul - Ostional
- Safari Surf School - Playa Guiones, Nosara
- El Pequeño Gecko Verde - Samara
- Samara Palm Lodge - Playa Samara
- Hotel Entre Dos Aguas - Samara
- Cristal Azul - Playa San Miguel
- Blue Surf Sanctuary - Santa Teresa
- Hotel Casa Cecilia - Playa Santa Teresa
- Ylang Ylang Beach Resort - Montezuma / Nicoya Peninsula
- Lodge Margouillat - Tambor
- Fidelito Holiday Ranch - Playa Tambor
- Michael's Surfside Hotel - Puntarenas, Puntarenas
- Adventure Park & Hotel Vista Golfo - Puntarenas- Miramar
- Sunset Hotel - Monteverde
- Swiss Hotel Miramontes - Monteverde
- Los Pinos - Cabañas & Jardines - Monteverde
- Hotel Bellbird - Monteverde
- El Viandante - Monteverde
- Brisas Arenal Hotel - La Fortuna, San Carlos
- Hotel Las Colinas - La Fortuna, Región Volcan Arenal
- Arenal Volcano Inn - La Fortuna de Arenal
- The Villa Hermosa, Private Guesthouse - La Fortuna/Arenal
- Leaves & Lizards Arenal Volcano Retreat - Monterrey - La Fortuna Area
- Villa Decary - Nuevo Arenal
- Arenal Springs Villas - Nuevo Arenal
- The Red Sunset of Guanacaste - Lake Arenal, Volcano Arenal area
- Casitas Tenorio - Bijagua
- Tenorio Lodge - Bijagua - Rio Celeste
- Sueño Celeste B&B - Rio Celeste / Bijagua
- La Carolina Lodge - Volcano Tenorio - Rio Celeste
- Chilamate Rainforest Eco Retreat - Chilamate de Sarapiqui
- Rancho Naturalista - Tayutic de Turrialba
- Orosi Lodge - Orosi Valley
- Ambrosia en la Montaña, Bed & Breakfast - Orosi, Cartago
- Sportsmens Lodge - San Jose
- Adventure Inn - San Jose / Airport
- Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast - San Jose - Santa Ana
- Vista Canyon Inn - Santa Ana
- Amatierra Retreat & Wellness Center - San Pablo de Turrabares
- Cerro Lodge - Tarcoles
- Balcon del Mar - Jaco
- Hotel Poseidon - Jaco
- La Dolce Vita - Esterillos Oeste
- Hotel Pelicano - Esterillos Este
- Cocomar Beach Resort & Spa - Parrita Palo Seco
- Condotel Las Cascadas - Quepos/Manuel Antonio
- Hotel Mandarina - Manuel Antonio
- Condominium Villas Mymosa - Manuel Antonio
- Shana Hotel and Residence - Manuel Antonio
- Natural Pacific Suites - Manuel Antonio
- Jungle Creek - Manuel Antonio
- Espadilla Ocean Club - Manuel Antonio
- Finca Amanecer - Londres de Quepos (N9 27 35 W84 04 09)
- Rafiki Safari Lodge - Rio Savegre
- Las Nubes - Natural Energy Resort - Matapalo
- Waterfall Villas Wellness Retreat - Dominical
- El Toucanet Lodge - Copey de Dota
- Las Vueltas Eco Lodge - Cerro del Muerte Km 71
- Hotel De Montaña El Pelicano - San Gerardo de Rivas Perez Zeledon
- Rio Magnolia Nature Lodge - Dominical
- Costa Paraiso - Dominicalito
- Villas Escondrijo - Dominical
- Terrazas De Ballena - Uvita
- B & J Cabins - Uvita
- Manoas - Luxury Camping & Villa Rentals - Uvita
- Villas De Oros - Playa Tortuga
- Hotel El Mono Feliz - Ojochal - Playa Tortuga
- El Castillo/Alma de Ojochal - Ojochal
- San Buenas Golf Resort - San Buenaventura
- The Mango Tree Villas & Spa - Tres Rios de Coronado
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp - Drake Bay, Osa Peninsula
- Guaria de Osa Ecolodge - Drake Bay / Osa Peninsula
- Finca Exotica Eco Lodge - Playa Carate
- Lookout Inn Lodge - Carate, Osa Peninsula
- Sueno Verde - Las Olas - Peninsula de Osa - Playa Matapalo
- Castillo de Pavones - Playa Pavones
- LA PONDEROSA - PAVONES
- Ojo del Mar - Peninsula de Osa
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa - Playa Tamales, Osa Peninsula
- Finca Kobo - 17 km north of Puerto Jimenez
- Golfo Dulce Lodge - Piedras Blancas National Park
- Saladero Lodge - Golfo Dulce near Golfito or Pto Jimenez
- Finca Bellavista - La Florida de Piedras Blancas
- El Arbol - Gandoca Manzanillo wildlife refuge
- Hotel La Costa de Papito - Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Pachamama Jungle River Lodge - Playa Punta Uva, Puerto Viejo Talamanca
- Korrigan Lodge - Puerto Viejo, Punta Uva
- Hotel Caribe Town - Playa Cocles, Puerto Viejo - Talamanca
- Casa Fiesta - Puerto Viejo, Talamanca
- Chimuri Beach Retreat - Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Samasati Nature Retreat - South Caribbean, Puerto Viejo
- Mother Dear Cottages - Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- La Isla Inn - Playa Cocles, Puerto Viejo, Limón
- Geckoes Lodge - Cocles, Puerto Viejo
- Escape Caribeño Bungalows - Puerto Viejo
- Tierra de Sueños - Playa Chiquita de Talamanca
- Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge - Puerto Viejo - Talamanca
- Bungalows Aché - Cahuita
- Coral Hill Bungalows - Cahuita
- Kayas Place Hotel - Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Magellan Inn - Cahuita
- Casa Marcellino Lodge - Cahuita, Limón
- Hotel La Diosa - Cahuita
- The Goddess Garden Eco-Resort - Cahuita, Limón
- Kenaki Lodge - Cahuita
- 10 Degrees Above - San Miguel de Matina, Limon
- La Baula Lodge - Tortuguero
- Laguna Lodge - Limon, Tortuguero
- Casa Marbella Bed and Breakfast - Tortuguero
- Turtle Beach Lodge - Tortuguero
Why stay at an Adventure Hotels of Costa Rica (AHCR) member hotel?
- You can trust each member hotel has been pre-screened for quality.
- You can find an AHCR member hotel virtually anywhere you want to stay in Costa Rica.
- Choose from a variety of hotel types: sun, sand, surf and snorkel hotels; cool mountain inns with panoramic views; extreme adventure lodges; deep
nature retreats; small friendly B&B's; historic city hotels; yoga and wellness spas; sport fishing resorts; even a first and last night airport hotel.
- Each hotel is owner-operated, reflecting its' own unique eco-friendly Costa Rican personality (no universally-standardized chain hotels allowed).
- If, through AHCR, you discover that special little hotel you want to stay at, ask for your 10% discount at time of booking.
- Communicate directly with the hotel to customize your Costa Rica vacation